How do I apply?
You can apply for permanent positions as well as internships, dissertations and junior positions via our online application portal. It’s important to attach a cover letter as well as supporting documents such as a tabular CV, school/university certificates as well as confirmation of additional qualifications (periods spent abroad, references).
What documents do I need to send with my application?
An application should always include a convincing cover letter, résumé and certificates. This applies to all positions. You can upload all of your documents directly via our online application process.
How can I apply to Villeroy & Boch online?
Click the link at the end of the job description to open the application form. Please fill it in carefully and make sure you enter all of the necessary information. Please check the information before you click on “Upload documents” and start the next step. You will be able to upload your documents at the next page. Once we have received your application, you will be sent an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
What can I do if I cannot upload my documents?
First check whether your attachments have exceeded the maximum size of 4 MB each and whether you have used appropriate formats (.pdf, .doc, JPG, GIF, PNG). If you still can’t upload your documents, try a different browser. If this doesn’t work either, then please get in touch with the contact person in the job description.
Will I receive an acknowledgement of receipt?
Yes. As soon as you have completed your online application, you will automatically receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
How long will it take to get a reply?
You will normally get a reply within four weeks after you have received your acknowledgement of receipt. This does not apply when the job description states a closing date. In this case, the time we take to reply is based on the stated closing date.
Can I apply for several positions at the same time?
If you are interested in several vacancies, then you can also apply for different jobs at the same time. Please note that we will only consider you for the positions you have actually applied for, so long as we have not made any other agreement with you.
1. Which apprenticeships does V&B offer?
We offer the following commercial apprenticeships:
▪ Retail Management Assistant
▪ Industrial Management Assistant
▪ IT Systems Technician
▪ IT Specialist for System Integration
We also offer vocational apprenticeships
▪ Electronics Technician for Operational Logistics
▪ Warehouse Logistics Specialist
▪ Woodworking Technician
▪ Industrial Mechanic
▪ Industrial Ceramist
▪ Plant and Machine Operator
▪ Mechatronics Technician
2. How long does the apprenticeship last?
It basically depends on the apprenticeship:
▪ vocational: between 2 and 3.5 years
▪ commercial: 3 years
3. Where does the apprenticeship take place?
The main location for the apprenticeship is in Mettlach, in the border triangle of Germany-France-Luxembourg. It can also take place at other locations such as Merzig, Losheim, Wadgassen, Torgau and Treuchtlingen, depending on the chosen profession.
4. How can I finance my apprenticeship?
Apprentices are paid an apprentice allowance, which is determined by the tariff agreement. You can see how much the allowance is per apprenticeship year in the description of the profession.
The allowance per apprenticeship year is as follows:
▪ 1st apprenticeship year: €846
▪ 2nd apprenticeship year: €891
▪ 3rd apprenticeship year: €979
▪ 4th apprenticeship year: €1,043
6. When will the positions be advertised/when can i apply?
The application process starts on 1 August every year. There is no closing date for the application. The selection process finishes when all of the positions have been taken. You can apply for the selected position as long as it is advertised online.
7. What does an apprenticeship at V&B entail?
You will rotate between different departments, methodically and systematically, during your apprenticeship according to the respective training regulations. More than 45 departments are involved in your apprenticeship, with trained supervisors who will integrate you in the day-to-day operational business and projects as well as assess you.
8. What are the requirements?
▪ Very good to good school-leaving certificate
▪ Good German
▪ Hauptschulabschluss (secondary modern): Electronics Technician for Operational Logistics, Warehouse Logistics Specialist, Woodworking Technician, Industrial Mechanic, Industrial Ceramist, Plant and Machine Operator, Mechatronics Technician
▪ Mittlere Reife (GCSEs): Warehouse Logistics Specialist, Retail Management Assistant
▪ A’levels/AVCE: IT Specialist for System Integration, Industrial Management Assistant, IT Systems Technician
9. What qualities does Villeroy & Boch look for in their apprentices?
Candidates should have the following qualities for a commercial apprenticeship:
▪ Interested in business processes
▪ Good with numbers
▪ Linguistic skills
Candidates should have the following qualities for a vocational apprenticeship:
▪ Technical understanding
▪ Manual skills
9. Do you provide in-house training for apprentices?
We have created a seminar programme specifically for apprentices. We teach different subjects every year such as project management, presentation training or personal and time management. You can also take part in language or computer courses, if required.
10. What happens when my apprenticeship is over?
It is generally our aim to train our own junior staff. We, therefore, try and take on our apprentices when the apprenticeship is over. This is decided on an individual basis and depends on where they can be deployed in the company.
11. What is the Dual Study Programme?
The dual study programme is a three-year Bachelor degree course, which is divided into theoretical phases at the university and a practical phases at the company. Students can then put the theory they have learnt into practice.
12. Which degree courses does V&B offer?
▪ Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems
13. Which university does V&B cooperate with?
Villeroy & Boch AG has been cooperating with the Akademie der Saarwirtschaft (ASW) in Neunkirchen and the Duale Hochschule Baden Württemberg in Mannheim for many years.
14. How is the dual study programme remunerated?
Villeroy & Boch bears the costs for the Akademie der Saarwirtschaft. You will receive a training allowance.
15. What are the requirements for the dual study programme?
A’levels or an advanced technical college certificate are the main requirements for the study programme. Good grades as a reflection of your academic performance is also important for us. Otherwise, it depends on your personality and persuasiveness! We believe committed and motivated candidates will manage the double burden of a degree and practical phases.
16. What does the selection process involve?
The first stage involves sifting through your application and checking whether you meet the requirements for the selected profession. The first pre-selection is followed by a vocational aptitude test and then an interview.
17. What else is important to Villeroy & Boch?
Apart from good grades and an impressive performance in our selection process, as a candidate for the dual study programme you should be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
▪ Strong communication skills
▪ Willingness to learn
▪ Enjoy new challenges
1. What opportunities does V&B offer students?
Villeroy & Boch offers students the following opportunities to gain valuable work experience:
▪ Jobs during the semester breaks
▪ Mandatory and voluntary internships
▪ Internships in combination with a dissertation
▪ Woking students
2. In which departments can students complete an internship?
Villeroy & Boch offers many internships in various departments
▪ Marketing (e.g. Product Management or Online Marketing)
▪ Finance/Controlling (e.g. Shared Service Center Accounting or Reporting)
▪ Press and PR
▪ Human Resources
3. How can I apply for an internship?
We regularly advertise available internships on our website. Please use our online application process to apply for the selected vacancy. If you can’t find a position that suits your experience and skills, then simply send us an unsolicited application. Please state the areas that interest you in your cover letter. We will then examine internal possibilities and get in touch.
4. How long does the internship last?
The internship normally lasts 3-6 months.
6. When and how can I apply?
You should normally apply 3-4 months before your desired starting date using our online application portal.
7. Can I write my dissertation during an internship at V&B?
The practical foundations for a dissertation will always be defined during an internship at V&B. Your topic has to be approved by the relevant department and your supervising professor.
8. What documents do I need to apply?
▪ Convincing cover letter (max. 1 A4 page)
▪ Certificates (highest education or professional qualification, references, statement of grades, language certificates, further education, … )
▪ For a mandatory internship, please add a copy of your study and examination regulations
9. What kind of holiday jobs does V&B offer?
If you would like to find out more about holiday jobs at Villeroy & Boch, please contact Ms Ramona Repplinger. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. What is V&B’s Junior Programme?
A specialist on-the-job rotation programme with practical phases in various operative and strategic departments in the relevant core area.
2. In which core areas is the V&B Junior Programme available?
▪ Online Marketing
▪ Supply Chain Management/Procurement
▪ Human Resources
3. How long does the Junior Programme last?
The programme normally lasts 3 years. However, Online Marketing lasts 2.5 years.
4. Where does the Programme take place?
The main location for the Junior Programme is in Mettlach, in the border triangle of Germany-France-Luxembourg, where the Villeroy & Boch headquarters are located. This allows all of the Juniors to experience the spirit of the company and contribute to the core business.
6. How is the Junior Programme structured?
The Junior Programme lasts 30 or 36 months and consists of 5-6 stations within a core area. The rotation between the stations normally takes place every 6 months.
The aim of the first half of the Junior Programme, the so-called trainee phase, is for the trainee to get to know the company and their colleagues as well as go through basic initial training in the specialist themes and day-to-day business.
A potential analysis is carried out after the first year where all participants, together with our internal coaches and observers, identify their strengths and development areas and set the course for their future career path.
In the second half of the Junior Programme, trainees deepen their specialist knowledge and start preparing for the final station.
7. Do you also provide training for the Junior Programme?
Various on-the-job and off-the-job training is carried out throughout the Junior Programme, which help the Juniors to develop their skills in specialist and general business topics.
8. Are Juniors given a mentor?
Every Junior can select a mentor from the mentor pool who is suitable for their individual development and will support them for the entire duration of the programme.
9. What are the requirements?
▪ Degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma, Doctorate)
▪ First work experience e.g. from an internship, as a working student, etc.
▪ International experience (internship, Erasmus, Work & Travel, au pair, etc.) or international/cross-cultural family background
▪ Extracurricular activities
▪ Fluent in English, additional languages a plus
10. What else should I offer?
▪ Willingness to learn
▪ Open for new things
11. What can the Junior Programme offer me?
▪ Ideal platform to put theory into practice
▪ Insight into each core area’s key topics
▪ Get to know all departments
▪ Professional and personal development though seminars and further training
▪ Build a company-wide network
▪ High visibility in the company
12. What are my prospects after?
A specialist and management career path can follow the Junior Programme, depending on the personal development and interests of the Junior.